Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday afternoon

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood here - sunny and warm. I actually went out and dug up some mega-dandelions, and a few buttercups, and some of those little plants that produce tiny white flowers that become long thin seed pods that explode and blow seed all over when you touch them. It's easy to see why this little plant is so successful.
Also looked at the dead rose I need to dig out. This one was put there by someone while we were living at the other house, and while the rose is dead as a doornail, the quack grass that came with it is flourishing, so I need to get on that.
Rick went into hemodialysis this morning. It was a rough day for him. His blood pressure plummeted (86 over 67 at one point)and he passed out, only to be awakened by leg cramps. He came home looking ragged.
So not a great hemo day, and once more we are reminded why he wants to change over to peritoneal dialysis.
I am experiencing that bone-deep tiredness that tells me to lie down before I push myself into being carried out on a stretcher, so I'm going to go lie down for a while. Rick says he may join me. A session like that is exhausting, and hemodialysis is tiring even if it goes splendidly.
And so it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment