Monday, March 22, 2010

Mystery

We have had something of a mystery here the last few days. The mystery arrived as a white envelope, addressed to me in handwriting I did not recognize. Inside was quite a lot of money in cash wrapped in a white piece of paper. No names, no return address, no nothing - just money.
The one clue: the envelope was postmarked Medford, Oregon.
Rick and I know a few people in Oregon, and a couple of people specifically in the Medford area, so we have, let me say, a strong hunch about who the mystery philanthropist might be. But we don't know.
We figure that anyone who went to that much trouble to remain anonymous should be allowed to do so in peace. So whoever you are, anonymous, we received your gift and we thank you and appreciate what you did. Bless you.
Enough said, know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment