Saturday, May 2, 2009

Back Home Again




We are back home at Casa Tuel, and Rick is recovering well from his surgery. I asked him if he had anything to say this morning, but he disappeared into thin air, as he so often does.
Actually I find myself talking to no one a lot. I think it's my hearing. I don't hear people walking away, so I say something, and getting no answer look around and realize I'm alone. Happens all the time.
Rick says he's feeling good, though moving a little slow, and he does not hesitate to lie down and nap as the need arises.
Of course, being Rick, he was planning to go back to work on Monday. I'm hoping he will reconsider that and take a few more days off. Rick's first concern, even when he is literally dying, is “when can I get back to work?”
Ah, here's Rick. He says he is awfully grateful for everyone's good wishes. He has really enjoyed the phone calls and emails. I think he tends to forget how many people care about him – well, I guess most of us tend to do that, not realize how connected we are to other people and how important that is. At times like this, we remember.
I am grateful, also. You all have really come through for Rick and it has been pretty wonderful. Thank you.

Today Rick will rest, I hope, and my friend Becky and I will go see the quilt show. The Island Quilters have a show every two years. This year it is being held at Camp Burton. I love to see the intricate and beautiful patterns they make. I'll take pictures, and maybe write about it and post pics on the smart aleck blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment